"For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord..." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pinterest Recipe Review...

Whoa whoa whoa... I know what you're thinking... 2 posts in 2 days!! WOWZERS! As you can see I'm feeling a little overly ambitious today, as well as looking for ways to keep my mind off the obvious. I also have become slightly obsessed with the ever popular website Pinterest, much like every other woman of my age. I also love trying out new recipes but have had equally good and bad experiences with those that I have found on Pinterest. What a better way to share the great recipes and maybe let you all know which aren't worth your time, then to post them on my blog? Fun right?

So my first 2 recipes are boyfriend cookies and crockpot oatmeal.

I give the Boyfriend Cookies (they are just so good, they may land you a boyfriend! That is of course if you're in the market for one) a HUGE thumbs up!! They are a little on the pricey side to make but the end result is absolutely delicious. I also have learned by making this recipe, that adding a package of vanilla pudding mix to even your basic chocolate chip cookies gives them a fabulously creamy flavor. Mmmmm... Mmmmmm... Mmmmmm...


Boyfriend Cookies

Ingredients
1 C Butter, softened
3/4 C Packed brown sugar
1 (3.5oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 1/4 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 C chocolate chips (1 C milk & 1 C semi-sweet)
1/2 C white chocolate chips
1/2 C peanut butter chips
1/2 C M&Ms
1/2 C Reece's pieces

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 375° F

2. In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugars. Add pudding mix, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips and candy. 

3. Drop by tablespoons full to ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. 

My 2nd Pinterest recipe is crock pot oatmeal. I was so excited about this one, as Cozart and I both love oatmeal for breakfast and I figured we would have enough for the week which would save us some time in our morning routine. I was sadly disappointed in the outcome. I think the end result would be better suited for wallpaper paste rather than for human consumption. Cozart will eat just about anything and he thought the flavor may still be good even if the consistency wasn't all that great. Unfortunately, not even he could eat more than a half a spoonful. It was bland and just a bunch of mush. In defense of the recipe, it is very possible it would taste better if you cut the time down by an hour or 2 and added just a bit more brown sugar and cinnamon but I have yet to try it. If you do or make any other change that makes this... well, edible, please let me know! 

Mine looked NOTHING like this!


Crock Pot Oatmeal 

Ingredients

2 apples, sliced
1/3 C brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 C oatmeal (be sure you're not using instant)
4 C water

Directions

1. slice apples and cover bottom of crockpot. Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and brown sugar. Add oatmeal. Pour water on top. DO NOT STIR

2. Cover and cook overnight 8-9 hours on low. (if you attempt this recipe, maybe only cook for 6-7 hours?)

I hope you all enjoyed my recipe review. If you would like to follow me on Pinterest, you can do so by clicking here

Happy Pinning!! 


1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I just started following you :) I LOVE Pinterest too!! I probably love it a little too much. I look forward to following your journey to a baby!

    http://thebirkelands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete