"For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord..." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, May 6, 2013

15 Down (almost)... 25 to go

No 14 week pic as I promised. :( For some reason, I really don't like the "selfie" bump pictures (usually taken in the mirror in a bathroom). And with Cozart's crazy schedule and the dogs unable to figure out how to use the camera (they keep telling me it's their lack of thumbs... excuses!) it can be challenging to get in a photo before the week is up. So here is the 15 week photo and as you can tell, not much has changed so missing a week at this stage, doesn't really seem like that big of a deal anyway. Perhaps, the next pic will also be in something other than my post day of errands, cleaning, laundry and dog walking attire. 

Not much of a change in 2 weeks.

I am stealing the following format from a fellow blogger (Thanks Kristin!). 

How Far?: 15 weeks 4 days (at the time of the photo)

Baby Size: 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs about 2.5 ounces. About the size of an apple.

Gender: Still don't know and our next opportunity to find out is about 5 weeks away. Can't wait!!! Cozart is DYING for a boy, I just want a healthy baby but my intuition tells me it's a girl. Only time will tell...

Movement: None yet. 

Sleep: I seem to have acquired the most annoying case of restless leg syndrome, making falling asleep a major challenge. Once I am asleep, I sleep very soundly until I have to pee or a crazy dream wakes me.

Maternity Clothes: none yet but I have definitely worn a few items of my regular clothing for the last time. I have gained almost 10lbs already (YIKES!!!!) so I know the wardrobe line up change is in my very near future. 

Symptoms: mild cramping and stretching sensations. Headaches! 

Aversions: Not much really however, we had pasta the other night and I just couldn't choke it down. 

Cravings: I've always had a pretty serious sweet tooth and it has just gotten worse times 1000! (hence the 10lb weight gain) I also want ice or ice cold water ALL THE TIME! 

What I miss: Hot yoga

Feelings toward pregnancy: I am just overwhelmingly thankful I've had it relatively easy thus far. Although, I am still somewhat in denial that there is really a baby in there. 

Best moments of this week: At least once a week I am overwhelmed with the realization that we are going to soon be a family of 3 (or 7 including our zoo). I don't recall what triggered the realization this week but I always love day dreaming about it when those times do come. Oh and I was also, finally, able to get Cozart to look (briefly) at a list of names. For those of you who don't know, Cozart wants a Junior (UGH!) and he doesn't even want to entertain the possibility of having a daughter instead of a son. In his mind, there is no point in looking at names because he truly believes it's a boy and his name will be Cozart Collier (PERIOD... no discussion needed. THE KING OF THE CASTLE HAS SPOKEN!) 

What am I looking forward to in the next week: One of my best friends in the whole world (who also happens to be pregnant but due in July) and her husband and daughter are coming to visit and we'll be spending, what I hope to be a beautiful weekend, at the beach. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!! 

That's all for now... Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment