"For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord..." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sweet 16

Not the best picture as far as showing the bump but, I can assure you there wasn't a big change from the previous weeks.  


How Far?: 16 weeks 4 days (at time of photo)

Baby Size: 4.5 inches long (head to rump) and 3.5 ounces (the size of an avocado)

Gender: Still don't know. We will schedule our anatomy sonogram at our next appointment, Friday.

Movement: I'm still not sure if what I am feeling is the baby, gas or digestion so I'm going to say, no.

Sleep: I have begun an evening routine of falling asleep and waking up twice to use the bathroom. After the 2nd time, I haven't been able to fall back to sleep. That was until my darling husband bought me the most amazing pregnancy pillow (for Mother's Day). Now, I feel like I could sleep for days! Gotta love him!!!

Maternity Clothes: Still haven't bought any but I will say, the looser the (regular) clothes, the better right now.

Symptoms: Still headaches every few days, although I didn't have one the entire weekend while we were at the beach. As soon as I got home (and started to think about work) the headache returned. Coincidence? I think not. I also have been feeling quite tired again the last few days. Could be from having a busy weekend or just the fact that I am growing a human inside of me. :)

Aversions: Nothing really.

Cravings: Still sweets (root beer in particular) and cold, fresh fruit! YUM!!!!

What I will miss about being pregnant: (nearly) Perfectly clear skin.

Feelings toward pregnancy: I am so very lucky to have it as easy as I have to this point. Soaking up every minute of this time!!

Best moments of this week: As I mentioned in last week's post, one of my best friends was coming to town with her husband and baby girl. We had a great weekend at the beach. It was so much fun watching her 16 month old and thinking we will be able to have family weekends at the beach very soon. I just hope and pray our little peanut is half as good as Miss Abigail!! Such an angel!

What I am looking forward to this week: Our next OB appointment and scheduling our anatomy scan (hopefully for sooner rather than later). We won't have an ultrasound at this one but it will be great to hear Baby L's little heart beat again.

2 comments: