"For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord..." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

D Day...

By 5:00 yesterday, I had decided to write this month off due to lack of communication from the doctor's office. I guess, there was a slight chance I may still hear from them today but would it be too late? And it's a holiday; I wasn't able to find the drug/hormone (Ovidrel) at any pharmacy I called and even if one did have it, they would be closed today so there would be no chance of getting it. I was pretty upset and concerned that next month would be a right-ovary-ovulation-month because this month was a left. That would then mean we would have to wait another 2 months. Again, what is another 2 or 3 months when you've waited almost 3 years? Either way, I was pretty disappointed.

I hung up the phone with my sister, around 5:15, choked back tears and decided to get ready to go to watch fireworks at a friends' house. I might as well make the best of this disappointing day and enjoy the holiday. No sooner did I finish my personal pep-talk, my work phone rang. It was Dr. D's nurse, Kathy, calling to tell me to give myself the trigger shot tonight. Although, I was so happy to hear from her, I was still not pleased that the call didn't come until the 11th hour. (literally, I would have to administer the shot within the next hour) I explained to her that I didn't have the shot, I had no luck finding a pharmacy that had it in stock and I didn't have a script for it even if I was able to find it. After some back and forth discussion of ways to remedy the situation I was put on hold. Kathy came back to phone to let me know they had found one in their office and she would leave it in a tree, near the employee entrance of their Orlando office, for me to pick up. Umm... YAY??? I think?? We then scheduled Cozart's "deposit" for 8am, Thursday morning. The sperm washing will take approximately 3 hours (I thought it was 8, apparently I was wrong) and I am scheduled for insemination at 11:30am.

After driving to Orlando and retrieving my hormone injection from a tree. I met Cozart at the facility he was dropping a patient off at so he could give me the injection.

I am completely over the moon with the fact that this is finally happening, but I can't help but think that there is a pretty good chance this may just be a practice round for us. I'm not being negative, just trying to have realistic expectations. On the flip side, if this does work, we will have one heck of a story to tell our future child.

Last but not least, I ask for your prayers: 1. that the insemination works, 2. that I am able to sustain the pregnancy if it does work and 3. if it doesn't work, we ask for prayers for continued patience and faith in God and his plan for us.

Thank you so much for continuing to read and all your prayers and support.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. She left it in a tree! Now there's a wrinkle I did not foresee!

    ReplyDelete